Before getting your windows cleaned it is helpful to do as assessment about your windows, your expectations about the window cleaning service your are going to get, and about preventing unwanted problems associated the window cleaning service that you select.
First of all, the three most popular and practical types glass used in the windows of buildings are tempered glass, laminated glass, and argon-filled glass. Tempered glass is the strongest and most durable and most used when safety is a primary concern. Laminated glass reduces noise, and helps prevent furniture, rugs and other furnishings from being faded by the sun. Argon-filled windows provide good insulation and are often used to help reduce energy costs for heating and cooling. Other window options include beveled or stained glass used to accentuate design purposes. Because windows have a variety of characteristics it is important that they be cleaned following manufacturer care and cleaning instructions to avoid damage.
Windows should be considered as a regular part of home or business upkeep because of their benefits. Windows are typically found in the front of the house or building and add beauty to your place. Window coverings help to reinforce the outer appearance of a home or business and can give a visitor a feeling of being welcomed (clean windows with open blinds versus dirty windows with blinds closed!). Well maintained windows will make a strong impression on what visitors (or prospective buyers) can expect inside. Windows don’t have to be fancy to be attractive; simple well maintained windows can be perfectly fine.
The benefits of window cleaning are equally important to the benefits of house cleaning. Some of the benefits of window cleaning include:
- Appeal – nice clean windows always look good on a house; clean windows not only make the outside look better, clean windows also make the inside look better.
- Better view – our views are improved with nice clean windows; trying to look through dirty windows is like trying to look through dirty glasses – we can’t appreciate how things look really look that way.
- Energy efficiency – windows let light into the house or building so that clean windows might mean one less light that has to be on; windows also let heat in so that cleaner windows can help reduce your heating bill – clean windows will help keep a house or building bright and warm.
- Professional image – clean windows sum up the ambiance of an establishment, especially important for a business; clients and associates will feel better and more positive
- Protection of glass health – glass is actually porous which makes it susceptible to that obstructed look; regular cleaning can help avoid expensive restoration or replacement costs
So why don’t our windows get cleaned more often? Well, it can be an unpleasant task and there are often height issues that have to be dealt with. And if there are a lot of windows it can be a big job when there can be better things to do. This might therefore lead to the search for a professional window cleaning company. If this is the case, then the following list may be helpful in vetting your selection process:
- Does the window cleaning company carry liability insurance – windows are a fragile product and need careful attention but accidents happen; is the company in a position to stand behind accidents that might happen? Make sure that your property is in good hands.
- Does the company carry workers compensation insurance – what will be the result if someone gets hurt working on your property? Make sure that the company’s workers are covered by workers compensation.
- Does the company have decent experience in cleaning windows – an appropriate amount of window cleaning experience will help imply proper, safe, efficient procedures.
- Getting a quote first – even if the company can’t be expected to come out personally to give a price, with the information you can provide over the phone(and Google maps!), they can provide a price range for your needs so that both parties will have a good idea of what to expect in a window cleaning appointment is agreed upon.
If you do choose an appointment date, you can set up the situation for the window cleaner to focus his time and attention on cleaning your windows, by moving expensive furnishings from in front of the windows and drawing back your window coverings.
If you have any questions on window cleaning, or would like a quote, please phone 403-291-1051 and talk to one of our cleaning specialists.
Ram Cleaning Services, serving Calgary and area since 1967
Tags: window facts