How to Clean Any Hard Floor
If you’re looking at different flooring options in your home, and want the flexibility and smooth look of hard flooring, you may be wondering how to keep it clean.
The most common types of hard flooring’s are vinyl, ceramic, porcelain, hard wood, and laminate flooring. Here are some tips to cleaning almost any hard flooring:
- Clean the floor at least once a week. This depends on the “traffic” that your floor gets. Meaning, the frequency of cleaning depends on how many people and pets are passing through. The heavier the traffic, the more you should clean.
- If you have pets, vacuuming and mopping are essential. A broom simply moves hair and dust around. Vacuum first to pick up dust and other particles, and finish off with a mop.
- Before you mop, take a close look at your floor for dirt and grime that may not be picked up by a mop or vacuum. Take a butter knife and give the dirt a light scratch to loosen it and make it easier to clean up.
- If you have dark floors, then dry water spots will show. After mopping, pin an absorbent towel to your broom and “brush” the floors to dry them off.
- Like shiny floors? Wax may trap dirt, so they might as well be avoided. Here’s a homemade recipe for shining floors: Mix 1 cup of vinegar, 1 cup of water and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Spray the mixture on the floor and mop to spread and dry. Presto! A shiny floor – naturally.
- If you have laminate flooring, be careful not to allow excess water onto the surface. It can seep into the cracks and bubble up. Make sure your mop is barely wet before wiping your laminate surface.
- The fastest way to get a thorough and evenly clean floor is to lift all chairs and small furniture off the floor (Try not to strain your back.) Pick chairs up and turn them over so the seats rest on your table. Give the bottom of the legs a quick wipe while they are easily accessible. Then you have a unobstructed floor to run your mop, broom or vacuum around.
Often it’s easy to do a quick sweep or mop and forget about the corners. Who has time anymore? If you want to make sure every corner is clean and your floors are sparkling, try a housecleaning service once a week, every two weeks, or once a month.
For a free estimate on professional Cleaning in Calgary and area call Ram Cleaning Services @ (403) 291-1051
Complete Cleaning and Maintenance Care since 1967
Tags: clean any hard floor