- Keep pets out of bedrooms.
- Keep bedroom decor as simple as possible. Keep books out of the bedroom and damp wipe flat surfaces regularly. Do not use upholstered furniture in bedrooms and keep out stuffed toys, powders, perfumes, and flowers.
- Use washable synthetic blankets, sheets, and bedspreads, and launder regularly on the hot cycle.
- Use pillows that are synthetic and washable.
- Encase pillows and beds in slipcovers, preferably cloth with a rubberized backing.
- Apply mold inhibitors such as Lysol or Tilex to bathroom tiles and grouting, and to window frames and sills.
- Wash window curtains regularly. Synthetic fabric or Venetian blinds are best.
- Keep carpet and furnishings clean. Vacuum regularly. Central vacuum systems that vent to the outside are best.
- To help control dust, use a product such as Allergex Emulsion Concentrate prescribed by physicians. Use it in the last rinse cycle when washing clothes, for wiping or spraying down furnishings, and for sponging down pets (but not cats who might lick it off).
- Use a quality electrostatic air filter for the furnace.
- Install a portable air filter that uses HEPA type filters, particularly in the bedroom(s).
For more information, call 403-291-1051 and ask to speak to one of our representatives