Easy House Cleaning Tips – Managing Your Pet’s Hairs
Part of the charm of cats and dogs is their furry beauty. Who doesn’t love cozying up to a warm animal and burying your face in its neck? However, it is this very thing that we love about our pets that can cause health problems such as asthma and allergies.
But don’t despair. This doesn’t mean that owners and pets can’t co-exist in the same house. There are simple, smart ways to manage wayward hair from our pets’ coats.
- Choose a less hairy friend. First, if you don’t have a dog or a cat, and you are considering adopting one, choose a breed that is less furry or does not shed at all or very little. Some examples of these breeds are Bichon Frises, Labradoodles and Schnauzers. On the other hand, you might want to avoid Persian cats because they have long hair, as well as Akitas and Siberian Huskies because of their thick fur.
- Brush your pets – a lot. This will dramatically reduce the amount of hair flying in the air and on the floor. Catch it on a brush and avoid the build-up of hair on the carpet, in corners, on your bed or elsewhere. Better yet, brush your pet outside.
Another benefit of brushing is avoiding the consumption of hair in cats. Hairs can cause cats to become constipates if they absorb too much internally. And let’s not forget about the dreaded hairballs.
- Vacuum. It goes without saying that vacuuming on a regular basis is one of the easiest ways to control flying pet hair.
- Wash your pets bedding regularly. A pet bed, a rug, the end of your bed – wherever your pet lays his head needs to be cleaned on a regular basis.
- Check the furnace filter. If you have furry pets, your furnace filter will need to be cleaned more frequently to keep pet hair from being circulated back into the home.
With a little diligence each week, you can keep pet hair under control. But, if you need a more serious means of eliminating excess fur, consider a house cleaning service. With regularly scheduled cleaning, pet hair may become a non-issue for your family. And less work for you.
For more information on house cleaning or maid services, call Ram Cleaning Services at 403-291-1051 and talk to one of our representatives.
Complete Cleaning Care and Maintenance in Calgary and area since 1967
Tags: house cleaning tips